Friday, February 17, 2006

Graeme Cracka!

I’m so vicariously excited!

Given my somewhat reclusive sojourn in the third-world, I haven’t really been in touch with my more extended family. On a whim, I checked in on some Canadian Olympic coverage and realized with a start that my little cousin Graeme Gorham is competing as a ski-jumper. This is Canada’s first ski-jumping team in over a decade, and they’re some of the youngest guys competing at the Olympics. From the looks of things, Graeme didn’t qualify in his first competition, but there's still the bigger hill left, and really just being there must be quite the experience. Plus, he’s only 18, and should be into his prime by 2010 when the Olympics hit Vancouver. Fly High Dude.

Here’s a site with his stats and photo etc, although I’m a little embarrassed that he’s given Tim McGraw as his favourite music, although I suppose it could be worse. But seriously, have you ever seen a whiter kid? Hard to believe we’re related.

Of course, this only serves to remind me as my own failure to qualify for the Canadian Olympic Team. Of course, I never tried, but I always wanted to. The Athlete’s village just sounds like a blast. I guess I’d better hurry up and learn curling… or lawn bowling.

3 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

in other news....of all places, italia just kicked the shit out of USA in curling in a brilliant upset. the event was viewed by 5 million italians!

even better are the canadian women's hockey results. you should check them out.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

In other news, Jamaican man watches Cool Runnings, moves to Canada, wins silver medal in bobsled.

 
At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My family done left me all alone for 2 weeks while they were in Italia watching those twisted people flying off hills. Won't someone please take me out?
MaX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker