Thursday, September 14, 2006

Picture It...



Imagine my surprise to find that in my absence from the blogging world, Blogger has made it immensely simpler to post photographs. As we used to say back in the Navy: Huzzah!

And so, I have made a decision. It is time to change my profile photograph. The old one, commonly known as "The Best Picture of Dave Ford Ever" (BPDFE), has had its day and served me well. But, truth be told, that was taken years ago... I'd even guess that it might have been taken last century in fact. Don't get me wrong, I can still tell it's me. I personally don't see the problem, but the beard seems to confuse people. Are you that guy that has the articles in that magazine? Yes. But you have a beard. Yes. The picture doesn't have a beard. No.... Honestly, I don't really get it. The article title is Desi-David - GlobeTrotter, there's a white guy with long hair in the picture, there are amusing anecdotes about an inside-outsider view of Pakistan... but yet when they meet me, a white, Canadian writer with long hair, the beard throws them for a loop. Okay, it may not look exactly like me, but it sure as hell doesn't look like anyone else round these parts.


So here's to you Best Picture of Dave Ford Ever, it's been a snap.

It is with great pleasure that I introduce, "Raja and Dave." One of my favourite pictures recently, it is also the primary reason for the bizarre rumour in Canada that I purchased a camel at an auction. Works for me. Welcome to the blog.

18 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

hah! nice. welcome back to the blog mate.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Slippy said...

Welcom back, now get get to some funny writing!

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEARD?!?!?
You had a beard?
{scratching own beard trying to remember}

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PUNK!! justwanted give a bit of news from back in west. Your Great Uncle Paul is living with a terminal stomach cancer dianosis. First dicovered August14/06 He is currently receiving palliative radiation at the WW Cross Cancer Institution in Edmonton which seems to provide a reprieve temporarily. We have canceled most of our business and pleasure travel to be with him. He is realatively pain free and quite lucid and coherent but this will not last forever. The original prognosis was 2-6mo. Paul feels that things are moving on the fast side. He had trouble finding your blog so promised him I'd do this.

I really hope you are well andthe life you are living there is filled for most part with peacefriendship and simplicity.
Via con dios amigo!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Murtaza Mandviwala said...

if i didn't know u were canadian, i would believe it if you said u were pakistani :P

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Off the Grid said...

Is that a picture of a camel in front of you, or a picture of you behind a camel?

No, it can't be both.

 
At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey broke my ankle 3 weeks ago at work, the worst part is the timing as you know I must move yet can't walk let alone lift anything! Oh well , just my luck... Later SD

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to answer your phone one of these days you git!!

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave you look like you belong back in the 70's...Did't "What Not To Wear" do a show on that look!! I'm cutting your hair next time I see you...

Cheers,
Shannon

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Yes Im reeling (in reference to Salacious Samosas comment).... welcome back.

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psst, Blog! Wake UP!

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knock Knock

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Slippy said...

Who's there?

 
At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Artsaypunk

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

artsaypunk who?

 
At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker