Monday, March 27, 2006

No News is Bad News...

First of all, thanks to all of you who sent messages of support and prayer over the last few weeks. It's been trying, but as usual, time marches on and I suppose it's time to pick things up again.

In a way, I suppose I was hoping that I could come back to the blog with a triumphant message of good news about Khurram Bhai's condition. Unfortunately, not much has changed. Physically, he has continued to stabilize, but he remains in a coma and in this case, no news is definitely not good news. Miracles have been known to happen, but with every passing day, my hope dwindles.

Once again, I find myself battling with the fact that anything I have earnestly prayed for has never come to pass. I guess I'm supposed to tell myself that it is therefore God's will. But the cynic within me wonders what the point of praying is in the first place if such pessimistic predertimination rules the day. If it's all part of God's plan, then I'm glad it's beyond my understanding, because, frankly, I don't want to know.

Sorry about the theological ruminations, I go through more phases than the Karachi Electric Supply Company. I have recently contributed some money to Khurram's family, and hope to give more soon, as they are in dire need of funds. To make matters worse, I understand that his wife is expecting. Joy cloaked in sorrow. If anyone feels moved to contribute, let me know and I can supply a bank account number for the family.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Library Gal said...

Dave, I don't have much but I'll do what I can. Send me an email with the details. My prayers go out to his family and to you. Please know that this is horrifying and terrible but it is not your fault.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker