Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Caught in a Trap...

For approximately the last four hours, I have had the song, "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis Presley playing on repeat inside my head. You know... Caught in a trap... I can't walk out... because I love you so much baby... Classic.

I've often taken perverse pleasure in seeing whether I can get songs stuck in people's heads. I'm not sure why this amuses me, but I guess if I'm suffering, why shouldn't everyone. I just wander around discreetly whistling the tune in question, until I hear someone start humming. Then victory is mine.

I wonder if I can do it over the blog... Let me know if you get "suspicious minds" stuck in your head. It would amuse me to no end. But I suppose it could be worse. I actually like Suspicious Minds. It's way better than getting something stupid like "Tub-Thumping" stuck on the brain....

...Shit.

7 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I was sitting reading this blog thinking 'Ha, I win, i've already had this song stuck in my head once so there is no way it will happen again' went upstairs very satisfied with myself, went on to do other work, sat down at the dining table, reached for the food and was contentedly chomping away when.... '....Caught in a trap...I can't walk out ' I stopped in mid chomp in utter disbelief thinking 'You have got to be kidding me'
Am taking massive overdose of other music to drown out the sound but it won't go away.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Slippy said...

I have strange experience with that song. A few years ago I was over in Ireland in a club that very song came on. I looked around the place and everybody was singing along to the song. It was odd people just standing there, drinking thier beer and singing "Suspicious Minds".

Shit, now I've got the song stuck in my head. And its the Fine Young Cannibals version!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger watercolor said...

hey, do you have it? i want to listen to it. i miss it now.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Mwu-HaHAHAHA!

 
At 2:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say many songs get in my head while working 12hr night shifts at work. Just last week on a night shift, well before I left I had the TV on when I got up as usually to wake me up more before work as it was the second night, and Much music (canadian MTV) had old one-hit wonders on, and all that night I could not hear anything BUT Tub-Thumbing, it was terrible, but sadly happens alot with other annoying songs.

SD

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say many songs get in my head while working 12hr night shifts at work. Just last week on a night shift, well before I left I had the TV on when I got up as usually to wake me up more before work as it was the second night, and Much music (canadian MTV) had old one-hit wonders on, and all that night I could not hear anything BUT Tub-Thumbing, it was terrible, but sadly happens alot with other annoying songs.

SD

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rev says
I just called ...to say...i love you...i just called to say how much i care.....done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker