Monday, April 18, 2005

I like your blog ... too...

Ever notice how people are addicted to the emotional "too" phrases?

Allow me to explain. If a girl says to me, "I love you." I am thus required to say, "I love you too" in return. Same goes for "I miss you"... "Oh honey, I miss you too."

Now, after a while, this starts to get to me. It's not that I don't love or miss that person necessarily, it just feels like society is forcing me to say the "too" back, and then I feel false about it. And the thing is, you could tell a girl you love her everyday, and then one day she'll say "I love you," and maybe you just smile appreciatively at the love you're feeling, and I guarantee she'll say something like ,"Well?... I'm waiting? Don't you have something to say back to me?" I'm serious. Give it a try.

If I get confronted on this, I always try to state my case and say, "Well, wouldn't you rather hear it from me spontaneously sometime later, instead of right now, when I have to?" It just never flies. "Yes honey, I do love you too." If you're really bored, just move your lips and say "Elephant Juice" expressively, but soundlessly, I bet it would work.

I heard of a guy who solved this dilemma. Took it right out of the equation. He just started saying "ditto." That makes me laugh everytime...
"I love you sweetie"
"Ditto"

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Wren said...

I was thinking the same thing, but did not want to admit to the fact that I have indeed watched, "Ghost" at some point in my life. And the weird bit in that scene is if Whoopi is just posessed by Swazy's spirit, wouldn't Demi just be kissing Whoopi? That gives me the heebie-jeebies.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Ghost fans all around me. I never have seen that movie. I guess I'd better do that. Just wasn't ever a priority.

Although Greg, you've made me remember my friend Cogswell one time, ranting and raving about how ridiculous it was that a black, woman comedian had chosen the jewish last name "Goldberg," and how it wasn't funny at all etc. etc. etc. I remember just staring at him and then finally asking, "But you're ok with Whoopi?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker