Friday, March 04, 2005

When You Think Things Can't Possibly Get Any Worse

I couldn't sleep last night, but thankfully the late night TV was there to save me. After some channel flipping, I stumbled upon something that has to be the absolute best thing I have ever seen on TV. I'm pretty sure that this has to be an all time low, even for American television. Since cameras have been barred from the Micheal Jackson trial, the E channel has apparently taken it upon themselves to create a mock trial, using the transcripts from the trial. I laughed so hard I swear I thought I was going to explode. I watched it in amazment for about five minutes and thought no way is this real. I sat patiently waiting for someone to look into the camera and say those all to famous words "live from New York, it's Saturday night", but no one did. So it turns out that this is the real deal and each night they'll be reinacting the daily events from the trial. Do people really care enough about this trial to turn it into a watchable program? If he is guilty of a crime, send him to prison, if not, let him return to Never Never Land with the rest of the lost boys. That country and the pople in it amaze me every day.

The video clips from New York Times best selling author Ann Coulter are beginning to resurface again where she stated that she was amazed that Canada sent troops to Vietnam, but still refuse to involve themselves with the war in Iraq. There's nothing better than a woman of her stature going on national television and making a complete ass of herself by throwing around false information such as that. For those that know the truth behind such inaccuracies, it's funny, but the problem with this is that the majority of the American public does not know the truth, gets completely misinformed by people like Ann Coulter and then regurgitates it in many "educated" conversations throughout America. The worst part about it is that no one takes responsibility for things like this either. Not Ann Coulter, not the American government, not the media and definitely not the public. It must be nice to live in a country where you can do or say what ever you want, no matter how far fetched or wrong and get away with it, with no regard for the out side world. Now, imagine if someone from say Canada or France went on national television and stated something as inaccurate as say there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? I'm sure that if something as false as that statement were made, people throughout the world would soon learn the truth!

I think I posted the link for the Ann Coulter video, but if you missed it last time, here it is again. It's definitely worth a look just for the shear idiocy:
www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=120992

I'll have some music updates for you very soon. Things in band camp are buzzing and moving along nicely. I'd post them now, but I'm meeting some friends for dinner and once again, I'm late. Cheers.
-Troy-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker