Friday, February 25, 2005

Something to Watch

I woke up this morning feeling a bit better. I'm hoping this is the ending stages of this flu. It's been a pretty rough go over the past couple of weeks. Normally I don't get sick, but when I do, look out. It usually puts me out of action for awhile and this run of it has been great fun, but I'm ready for it to move on. The good thing about being sick though is that I get to catch up on all my useless television watching that I don't normally do. I forgot how much useless shit is actually out there, but I have been watching some quality shows. American Idol has been fantastic so far and Fonzy has made it past another round, so I'm excited about that. Survivor has started up another term as well. I always kind of liked this show anyways, so I'm all geared up for another big season. Still not sure how they can ever top the year with the fat naked gay guy, but I'm glued to it in hopes that they can. I've never really been a fan of sitcoms, other than Seinfeld and Cheers, but I've gotten into Two and a Half Men recently. The one with Charlie Sheen playing the drunken, womanizing musician uncle. He does a good job with it, and the kid is pretty funny. He's quite an accomplished guitar player as well. I saw him playing on Letterman a while back and was quite impressed. This leads us right in to the late night programming. I've been a Letterman fan for quite some time, so it's a given that I'm still watching him. His monologues are genius. I've also become a big fan of Jimmy Kimmel. If you like dick and fart joke comedy, then you'll love this show. So that's a run down of some of my viewing pleasures. Throw in some soccer and hoola dancers and that's pretty much my tv guide.
On a rather lighter note, PM Paul Martin announced that Canada will not be taking part in the U.S.'s missle defense plan. I was quite happy to hear that, as I'm sure many other Canadians are as well. It's safe to say that the American brass are not happy with the decison and will most likely use their best weapon of economic blackmail in retaliation. I'm still not up for a full blown political rant just yet, but for a further read on this issue, check out the link to Ceasfire on the side bar and have a good read. It's a worthy cause. Support it! See you soon.
-Troy-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker