Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Random Snippet # 3

Jonathan had a good job. He made a lot of money. He had a good job. His family told him so. Everyone told him so. He had a good job. But then, quite suddenly and unexpectedly on the second Thursday after Thanksgiving, he sneezed. It wasn’t a pleasant, quiet sneeze, it was a loud, almost violent uprising. The entire office stopped to look. Papers scattered over his desk. He shook his head, wiped his nose, and with a sudden clarity, realized that he was the assistant manager of human resources in a huge corporate monstrosity that sold margarine. He sold margarine. Sure, he managed the human growth capital empowerment of the corporate wellness folio for a huge multi-national that sold thousands of products, but really, any way you spread it, he sold margarine. He shook his head again, stood slowly, and waked into the manager’s office.
"uh, Brad?"
"Yeah Jon, quite the sneeze you just had there, scared the shit outta me."
"Yeah, well, uh, about that. I’ve decided to quit."
"Quit sneezing? I mean, I suppose, but can you really do that?"
"No, not sneezing. My job. I want to quit my job." Saying it out loud sent a shiver down his spine.
"What? Why would you do that?"
"I dunno… I sneezed."

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger watercolor said...

I need to know what happened next.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger watercolor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Ahhh, the answer lies within you, young grasshopper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker