Monday, February 28, 2005

Why I hate my Macintosh # 2

The Wrong Home Keys

The home key "nubs" are on the middle finger keys of my Mac keyboard, instead of the index finger keys. K and D instead of F and J…. Whose idea of a sick joke is this? Time after time I start typing while I look at the source and my fingers are all in the wrong place. It’s like I’m typing in some kind of nonsense code, that only stubborn antique Mac keyboardists can read. And the worst part is, when I get home, I start putting my middle fingers on the normal home-keys, at which point, I can usually think of much better uses for my middle fingers.


The second in an ongoing series documenting my frustration with having to use a Mac at work. Lovingly dedicated to those sanctimonious folk who have, over the years, looked on me with disdain for not sharing their zeal for Apple products. You know who you are.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm.

And here I sit, reading your e-mails from my beautiful Mac Powerbook thinking that if only you had this Mac you wouldn't feel such hatred :-)

Glad to see you're having such a good time.

xx
Shannon

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Ahhh, perhaps true, but if you had to use a Powermac 7220/200 I'm sure you join me.

Good to hear from ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker