Saturday, March 19, 2005

God I'm retarded...

You know, I'm a strong believer that laughter is the best medicine... although, when I think about it, Penicillin is pretty damn good too.

In fact, if I were Alexander Flemming, I'd be pretty pissed off.

First of all, the guy works his ass off developing Penicillin, and then half the people in the world think it was a big accident because he dropped a moldy cheese sandwich into his experiment. I have no idea where this cheese sandwich idea came in, but ask anyone about penicillin, and they're bound to mention a grilled cheese. It was partly accidental, in that a bacteria dish was spoiled by mold and before throwing it out, Fleming had the presence of mind to notice that the mold was killing the bacteria. But it wasn't like it was all one happy mix-up. Smart Feller if you ask me.

And secondly, this guy develops a medical miracle, collects 25 honorary degrees, 26 metals, 18 prizes, 13 decorations, a membership in 87 scientific academies, a knighthood and a nobel prize, but still, what does everyone say? Oh, laughter is the best medicine. I'd be pissed. I guess someone should have told him before he dedicated himself to saving countless millions of lives, that he would have been better off just cracking a few jokes.

I'd feel a lot worse for him if he weren't, you know... dead. That, and if the whole premise of this post weren't so damn ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker