Friday, March 18, 2005

Sour Grapes

Speaking of Addictions:

I remember one day my mother brought home a bunch of grapes from the store. I popped a few in my mouth and realized that these were some Damn Good grapes. I had a few more, and then a few more, until with a sudden shock, I realised that I was going through grapes like ghonorrea through a whore-house... fast and furious. But it was too late, I couldn't stop.

My mother came in and said, "David! For God's sake, you're eating all the grapes, there'll be none left!"

"I can't help it Mom," I said, "I'm addicted."

My mother seemed very taken aback. I thought she was overreacting (afterall they were just grapes), until I realised that while I stood there plowing through the grapes, my mother thought I had said:

"I can't help it Mom - I'm a Dick-Head."

3 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL funny.

I've been sick the last week, and that was phlum coughing funny.
SD

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

C'mon Dougherty! Sick or not, I'm sure I must have told you that story before. You were probably there for god's sake.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

And you know, looking at this again, it's hilarious that you got the "ph" right but went with "u" instead of the "eg." The idea of you coughing up "phlum" is pretty funny in and of itself. Somehow brings to mind mouldy plums or something.

Sorry, didn't mean to be phlegmatic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker