Saturday, March 19, 2005

Hammin it up

By far the best thing I heard last summer was when I asked a friend why she had broken up with her boyfriend. Apparently the guy had been a real stoner and she was starting to get sick of him being dazed and confused all the time anyway, but the straw that broke the camel's back came one day when they were having lunch. She asked him where the big stain had come from on his jacket. He just shrugged and said, "Oh... Passed out on a ham."

The guy was so drunk and stoned that when he got the munchies , he pulled out a whole honey glazed ham to munch on. Next thing he knew, he woke up with a ham pillow.

Needless to say, the relationship was short lived.

What I love about the story is just the pure non-chalance of this guy. As if passing out on full cuts of meat is a nuisance, but something to be expected. For the rest of the summer, if anyone asked me a tough question, I would just shrug and say, "Passed out on a ham."

"Why are you so late?"
"Sorry....Passed out on a ham."

Wow. I just realized how horrifying this story would be for a muslim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker