Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Hair Today...

Can you tell me why my Shampoo bottle contains 250 ml, whereas my conditioner only contains 200 ml? They’re the same brand. They are supposed to go hand in hand. But inevitably I end up with a quarter bottle of shampoo left when my conditioner runs out. Then I’m not very well going to make a special trip just for conditioner; I’m going to buy another shampoo as well, since the other will run out soon. So that means that when the new conditioner runs out, I will have half a bottle of shampoo left. Now granted, after the next pharmacy run, I will only need to buy the conditioner because I’ll have enough shampoo to get me through. Only then, after all that can I even hope to switch brands, after all, you can’t change horses midstream.

I just don’t understand the logic. I suppose I could shampoo my hair twice for every conditioning, but then I would run out of shampoo too fast. I’m telling you, it’s a nasty cycle.

Meanwhile, all the guys are like, "What’s conditioner?"

8 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've been having the same problem for years and it never occurred to me to check the volume level. Thanks for clearing up the mystery (and yes, I do feel stupid... just figured I used more conditioner per wash, so sue me). But more importantly: you use conditioner????

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Of course I use conditioner. What do you take me for? Do you think I could maintain such radiant, lustrous locks otherwise?

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

it's like hot dogs and hamburgers are always sold in dozens, whereas the buns are always sold in 8's.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Slippy said...

I started using conditioner recently. It makes your hair silky and smooth.

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Ileana said...

You always see "Repeat" after the shampoo directions, which is not the case with conditioner. A little conditioner goes a long way.

In other words, the shampoo is like the beer and the conditioner is like the chicken. (See previous post)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

a buddy has a theory about shampoo. says that shampoo is basically a ploy for pharmaceuticals to make money offa us. the only reason we shampoo is that we think our hair is becoming oily. the only reason it becomes oily and greasy is because we shampoo. the body has a natural tendency and a reaction to dryness and it secretes oils to help relieve that dryness in the hair.

since we been shampooing all our lives, the shampoo basically releases and wipes out all the natural oils from our hair, and if you didn't shampoo for more than a day, your body gets into overdrive to produce more of those oils, hence it gets greasy. the shampoo basically acting as the cleanser of oils from the hair now leaves the hair in a real dry state, hence the need for conditioning. that is why you use conditioner.

basically if you let your hair be and just use water to wash it, it won't get as oily over a longer period of time, say a week because the oils tend to stabilize and they balance out.

it's the same principle behind using hand cream or chapstick or any other form of moisturizer. if you don't use it, you won't miss it. your body is surprisingly very good at taking care of itself. all you need is some water not any of these artificial cleansers.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

You know, I don't doubt that.

But still, the idea of not using shampoo feels so dirty. They've got us man!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Murtaza Mandviwala said...

the only time i use conditioner is when i use my sister's bathroom or lucky enough to be in a nice hotel :P ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker