Thursday, August 18, 2005

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On...

Alright, I’m getting suspicious.

At first, I said to myself, “Ok, the ground is shaking, there’s an earthquake.” The next time I thought, “Hmmm, that’s strange, more earthquakes.” But this last time, I’m thinking, “All, right, what in the hell is going on here?”

It seems like every two weeks in Karachi lately the ground shakes at around three in the morning. Thing is, it doesn't feel quite right for a tremor. It’s not that extended rumble of an earthquake. It’s more like an explosion of sorts, followed by the ground shaking. There always seems to be one loud one, and then one that feels more distant, and they only seem to affect the Clifton / Defense areas.

I was thinking that maybe they do some kind of night blasting at one of the road construction areas, like Schon Circle for example, but now I’m ready to cook up a nice juicy conspiracy theory… Cruise missile tests… political maneuvering… the World Bank maybe… I’m open to suggestions.

Oh, and the official stand was that the first tremors were small earthquakes measuring 5.5 on Richter’s scale. But as for the last two shakes, the authorities say that there was nothing registered on the Richter scale, so another words, nothing happened, go back to sleep.

4 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, I had a similarly weird experience in Freddy-town. There was a giant fireball in the sky that looked like a plane exploded or a hellish U.F.O. Half the front page of the Daily Gleaner was a photo some guy happened to get who was --really--lucky to get his camera up that quickly. Then there was nothing. Nobody could find anything out about what it was. Then a week later, a quiet release from Gagetown--"training exercises"... hmmm...

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Slippy said...

Thanks for posting that story 4 times. I missed the first 3.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Ileana said...

I think you gotta whole lotta dreamin' goin' on...and I thought you were an insomniac...or maybe that was Troy. :)

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

definately testing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker