Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My Life's an Act...

Oh hey, you know what I keep forgetting to mention? I’m in a play. It all started back on my birthday, when I got a little tipsy. I woke up the next morning and I was in a play. Strangely enough, this isn’t the first time this has happened to me. In fact, I can think of three other roles I took on because I was drunk and happy and "Sure I’ll be in your play! I love theatre!" But let’s be realistic, if the worst thing that happens when I wake up after a long nights journey into inebriation is that I’m cast in a play, then I’m still in pretty good shape. It’s much better than the "Where the hell am I?" and "Who the hell are you?" scenarios. But, of course, it doesn’t beat the time I got drunk in Berlin and woke up the next morning in Karachi. I’m still dealing with that one.

So the play is called "Picasso at the Lapin Agile" and was written by funnyman Steve Martin. It’s a clever piece about a hypothetical meeting between Picasso and Einstein in a bar in 1904 Paris before either of them are famous. I play Freddy, the sarcastic bartender/bar owner. It’ll be a bit of a stretch for me, but somehow, I think I’ll manage.

So the play starts tonight and runs until Saturday, and even though it’s late notice, come on down to the PACC auditorium and check it out. For all my Canadian fans, sorry about the late invite, but you still have time. Just muster up a couple grand, and a few vaccinations and head over. It’s worth it; it’s the theatre.

2 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

give my regards to shayan and huma.

 
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I dragooned you into the play when you were toasted at Okra. But c'mon...you've enjoyed it ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker