Thursday, August 04, 2005

Where is my Mind?

For absolutely no reason that I can think of, I have suddenly found myself with a song from the original Super Mario Brothers Nintendo game stuck in my head. As if that’s not bizarre enough, it’s not the main theme, it’s the one where he’s in the castles. It kind of goes: da ne-na-ne-na-ne - - - da-ne-na-ne-na-ne and jumps down and back by half octaves. Ok yeah, that was no help at all.

But while we’re talking about it. I wonder how Mario brothers came about. More than that, I wonder what kind of drugs those Japanese programmers were on. I can picture it. Eleventh hour. Nintendo’s future is on the line. Six guys in a room brainstorming…

"Ok, I’ve got it. Two Italian plumbers right? And they’re brothers. And one’s fat and the other’s skinny. Ok, and they have to rescue this princess. What princess? The mushroom princess. Why would she want Italian Plumbers instead of a knight or something? I dunno. Who cares? Wait, I know, because they’re going to travel through pipes. Ok? But here’s the beauty. If they eat mushrooms, yeah mushrooms, they get bigger and they’re going to run around stomping on flying turtles and collecting coins that float around and hide inside blocks. Yeah, man. We’ve got it. Pass the Cheetos."


Update: When I went back to title this post I inadvertantly, but fantastically, managed to switch the radio station in my head over to the Pixies song of the same name. Wicked tune.

1 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

here you go. brand new tune, just for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker