Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Rose is a Rose is a Rose...

I was in a small shop when I saw the following posted on the cash register:

Only the rose in the world no matter which name you take for will still smell sweet!

I can only presume that someone translated my friend Billy Shakespeare's line, "A rose by any other name..." into Urdu, and then it was translated back into English and posted on the cash register of this small shop. How this would have come about, or why, I can only speculate.

All I know is that it sure made my day.

3 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger Ileana said...

Yes, that is a good quote any way you say it. Billy Shakespeare...I like that, too!

Cheers from Miami!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Phil Plasma said...

I wonder how often two step translations sound as nice/odd as that...

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Slippy said...

...not if they were called stink blossoms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker