Tuesday, July 19, 2005

How I learned to stop worrying....

Early Saturday morning, I dreamt I was in some kind of scenario wherein I had to choose between a series of buttons on a panel in order to save the day or stop a meltdown or some such nonsense. Anyway, the very second I chose and pressed the big green button, the ground began to shake and I heard a loud explosion. But literally, I woke up and the ground was shaking and there was a loud explosion. Apparently, Karachi was hit by a few earthquake tremors measuring about 5.5 on the dude’s scale. Nothing to worry about. But I have to admit, lying there at 6 AM, having just jolted awake to the sound of everything shaking, I said to myself, "Oh shit, here we go. My mom was right after all, I never should have come here."

3 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

things could be worse, you could be in florida.

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm, what about being in London when bombs are going off... sorry detonators to bombs (thankyou CNN).Good thing I left the oh so dangerous dark continent for more civilized ground.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Hurry up and get back to the third world where things are safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker