Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Dry...

Basically, I can’t think of much to write about today. It’s just one of those days. I can’t think of anything interesting that’s happened lately. Usually when that happens, I just write an old story, but nothing is flowing. Maybe I’ll just tell a joke. Sure, why not? This is one of my favourites. It’s an oldie, but I love it. If you’ve heard it before… too bad.

A new church opens in town with a strict code of requirements to get in. One of the toughest regulations is that you must abstain from any sexual activity for six months to purify your soul. So, in typical joke-telling fashion, there’s an elderly couple, a middle-aged couple and a newlywed couple all trying to get in to this parish. After six months, they all come back and the minister asks the elderly couple how they made out. They reply that it wasn’t all that tough at their age, and they had made it through the six months with no trouble. "Well then, you are welcome in our Parish!" says the minister. He turns to the middle aged couple and asks them if they succeeded in their pledge of abstinence. "Well," says the man, "It was tough at times, but we made it through." The minister is happy once again, "Then you are more than welcome in our parish!" he says. Then he asks the newlyweds if they had made it six months without sex. "Well, father, I’ll tell ya," says the husband, "We tried really hard, and we were doing really well, but then I saw my wife bent over the freezer the other day and I just had to have her right there!" The minister is shocked, "Merciful Heavens! I’m sorry, but you’re just not welcome in our parish."
"That’s ok," says the guy, "we’re not so much welcome at the supermarket anymore either."

2 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

were you the guy who entered that local newspapers pun contest? you faked all those names and submitted ten entries into the contest to increase your chances of winning. it was rather unfortunate that no pun in ten did.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

what, i don't even get a "ha ha!"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker