Monday, July 04, 2005

When the Moon Hits your Eye...

A friend of mine messaged me the other day from Lahore to report that she had just seen a motorcycle pizza delivery type guy. That’s just great I thought, thanks for the update. But apparently the name of the Pizzeria is Big Slice and their slogan is "Experience the Complete Canadian Pizza Experience!" I didn’t realize that there was a Canadian Pizza Experience. I wracked my brain for an example of the Canadian Pizza Experience that would be any different than anywhere else in the world. I hate to break it to people that the Canadian Pizza Experience involves picking up a slice of pie and eating it.

Although, I would love it if I walked into the local Pakistani Big Slice and saw a bunch of folks wearing plaid, drinking Keiths and politely saying, "Great Pizza Eh?"

When you’re far from home, even stereotypes make you nostalgic.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Slippy said...

I believe a "Canadian Pizza" (at least at Pizza Hut) has the following ingredients: Pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. I doubt you would find a pizza with bacon on it in Pakistan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker