Monday, July 04, 2005

Server not found...

I really hate to harp on things, but I just can’t help it. This whole Internet debacle is really starting to get to me. I’d like to sprout the cliché about how you never know how much you miss something until its gone, but that would be total codswallop in this case. If you’d asked me two weeks ago whether I’d miss the Internet if it were gone I would have said, you’re damn right I would. I’m completely aware of how dependent I am on the damn thing. The worst part here, is that there is still no word on how long it’ll be before they fix the problem. The entire country is working on satellite backup links, so I can basically draw the webpages by hand faster than they’re coming up. Of course, Hotmail (which admittedly hasn’t been that hot since 1998) is just a lost cause. I’m kicking myself for not switching to Yahoo like everyone told me to, but you know, when you’ve had an address for almost a decade it’s irritating to switch. I take a little comfort in the fact that my gmail account doesn’t work either… no wait, that’s really irritating too. And even though I know that there probably aren’t any email of major importance that I’m missing out on, it’s just that feeling that I can’t check it at all that really gets me. But, at least I can still post to the blog… barely… but I’ve lost my Pakistani audience so everytime I check my site tracking, I get depressed at the statistics.

Sigh. Well, I better go do some work. Work! I know… I know… desperate times call for desperate measures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker