Thursday, June 23, 2005

Primary Pakistani Pet Peeve

You might think that there would be any number of things that would annoy me here in the land of the pure. But I’m an open minded kind of first world guy. Things don’t really get to me. But, admittedly, there is something that really bothers me. My full on, pet peeve… I can’t stand that little skim that forms on the top of my chai while I wait for it to cool. If you don’t have a spoon at your desk (which I don’t) to clear it off of there, you’re screwed. Then I’m forced to drink in constant fear of that goopy mass sliding between my lips. As soon as I start to drink, it slides towards my mouth with the slimey inevitability of death. Then I have to do this whole tilting, blowing maneuver to try to get the blob to stick to the opposite edge of the mug. By the time I accomplish the feat, my face is sweating from the steaming tea, and my mood is befouled.

My life really is tough.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

you can try what i do, the finger bob in and bob out, wipe on jeans, continue enjoying cup of chai.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

In fact I do have an online newsletter, it's at www.artsaypunk.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker