Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Full Stop.

At some point during my day home from work, cursing that damn kabob role, I decided to try limiting my treks to the loo by taking an Immodium. Now, I’ve taken these things before with no problem, and honestly with no real noticeable results, but I figured it couldn’t hurt. Besides, it probably wouldn’t do much anyway. But lo and behold! It worked. The action stopped. I was joyous. I might have danced had I any known skill to do so. All was well in the end, so to speak.

Two days passed…

…but I did not. It was a record. Even my own body couldn’t believe itself. I now had the opposite problem. I had switched. Having discovered the South Pole, I was now headed North. I would have felt care-free and liberated if it weren’t for having more gas than Caltex roiling inside me like a sulfur hot-spring.

I couldn’t win. I was stop and go, or rather go and then stop. If only I could find the middle path. Moderation, my friends, the middle path, the golden mean, that is the key to happiness. I had to find balance.

I struck out to khadda market to buy some kabob roles.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always the shit stories have it.
Funny in any nation.
Well time for work.....


SD

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Slippy said...

Will this be putting a stop to the wonderful shit stories?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker