Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Blog-Jacked!

So I was chatting with good ole Subaru Kazoo the other day when he says, "What’s this I hear about the blog in the paper?" I replied, "What’s this I hear about you being a crack-baby?" Apparently Zubair’s cousin called him up and said that he had been mentioned in the paper by some random Canadian Dude. I was somewhat taken aback. But Zubie was right, my blog suddenly had it’s own column in the Sunday magazine of the Daily Times here in Pakistan. The blog had been hijaked! By Muslims even!

So I logged on to the Sunday Mag’s online edition and sure enough, there it was in big letters: Desi David. Just below my new label was the picture of me at the top of Mount Katahdin, which is fine with me, since it’s admittedly one of the best photos ever taken of me. Then they had printed the blog posting about my using the Nokia dictionary for text messages… a strange choice I thought. Anyway, before I left for Africa, I had talked to one of the editors about submitting a column, but I had been under the impression that I would modify my posts or write new ones for them. I guess they must have gotten impatient and run with it. Oh well, I don’t mind, but it was hilarious to hear about it third hand.

Today the Sunday Mag, tomorrow the New York Times… which makes sense, since I make most of this stuff up anyway.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top o' the mornin' to you too, young halai!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker