Monday, August 15, 2005

Special Thanks...

Hmmm, this is difficult to word properly. That usually happens when I'm trying to say something serious. I wouldn’t normally do this, but I need to say thanks to someone whose name I hope I heard correctly as Rabia. I had never met her before Saturday night, but she has been a reader of the blog for a while now, thanks to the ever-intrepid Hulleye, who knows more Pakistanis than is generally considered healthy ( www.halai.blogspot.com ).

Firstly Rabia, I must say thanks, because you’re the first person to recognize me only from my writing. And secondly, what you told me the other night was one of the most inspiring things I have ever heard. It’s difficult to keep churning out inane little oddities on this thing day after day, but you made me feel like it was worthwhile, if only for a moment. In fact, I was so struck by what you said that I was somewhat dumbfounded, and I’m afraid our conversation faltered from there. But hopefully we will meet again some day to rectify the matter. So, thanks again.

And as for everyone else, sorry for sounding so secretive, but I felt I needed to make that acknowledgment. The play is over and its time to get back to the blog. Hopefully I’ll get time to throw together some posts in the next couple days and get back on track.

7 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

now even i want to meet this rabia, unless i already know her, in which case i probably don't want to meet her. (sorry choti!)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Ah, how insightful.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im pretty sure its choti.

 
At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

real nice hallai...thats the last time i let u bum a smoke off me when your wife isnt watching!!

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
I have to confess i felt like an utter idiot the other day, but i meant what i said and i hope u keep writing.

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm tht wasnt meant to be anonymous..

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

hah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker