Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bits and Pieces...

I’ve always felt sorry for Michael Collins, "the other guy" on the Apollo 11 Moon Mission, because I always tell myself to remember his name but I just can’t do it. Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and um, the other guy. If I were him, I’d be kind of pissed. "Ok, yeah, sure, you guys go ahead, I’ll just circle around and look for a place to park this thing." I kind of wish he had a catchy, memorable name like Buzz or Armstrong…. Maybe, Velocity Jones.

Sometimes a round peg will fit in a square hole, or vice versa, if you really jam them in there. Personally, I think this is how a lot of marriages function.

I never really appreciated the full effectiveness of a paperweight before I moved to Pakistan where the ceiling fan is much more of an active player than in Canada.

I bet you Bette Davis was a big fan of the organ donor program.

Sometimes when I’m stuck in traffic I wish we had transporter technology like in Star Trek. But then I realize that if that were true, we would all be extremely fat, albeit well-traveled.

I think I look best in profile, so when I talk to people, I always try to do it perpendicularly.

Someone asked me the other day if it should be considered a homicide if someone with a split-personality commits suicide. I said No, because that’s stupid.

I think that Martin Scorcese has lost his edge and is currently only making films that kind of remind you of old Scorcese films.

I think that smegma is one of the most revolting words in the language, yet so appropriate.

I would floss everyday if my gums didn’t bleed so much. Consequently, my gums wouldn’t bleed so much if I flossed every day.

I think it’s amusing to refer to The Beatles as the band Paul McCartney was in before Wings. Amusing, unfortunately, only to me.

4 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

yeah michael collins is like the third guy from the three tenors. it's always luciano pavarotti, jose carreras, and the other guy.

err....that is placido domingo.

random trivia for you, the last man on the moon was eugene cernan, but nobody has any clue about that since neil, buzz and the other guy left there.

and scorsese hasn't really done much good aside from gangs of new york, raging bull and taxi driver.

too bad you have a limited vocabulary of urdu otherwise i'd go through my bad list of urdu words. though i have also come to the conclusion that the best words in urdu start with the letter "bay".

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Slippy said...

"The Beatles as the band Paul McCartney was in before Wings"... I saw that one before in Arlo and Janice comic from about 15 years ago.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Really, I think I first heard it on Letterman years ago.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I was surfing through the big ol' red dictionary at school about two months ago when someone says to me, "Hey, look up this word...".

When someone says this, please use caution! My life was so much better before I learned the word "smegma".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker