Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The New White...

All this talk of the colour blue has reminded me of the time that I went with a friend to buy a couple shirts. I picked out a nice Oxford blue dress-shirt. The salesman was intent on telling me that Blue was the new White. I was just as intent on driving him crazy by saying, "No it’s not… it’s blue." Poor guy, he went on and on trying to explain that since the colour was so popular it was like the new white. Then I would nod, like I was getting it, and then say, "Yeah, but, it’s blue." .... "But it’s ‘like’ white, see?" .... "No it’s not, it’s blue." My friend had to leave because he could no longer stop laughing, and by this time the joke had gone way too far. I was looking for a way out, so I told the guy I was white-blue colour-blind and that I didn’t appreciate him taking advantage of my disability. At this point, the salesman turned pale, which I think was akin to "the new white." I gave him a jab in the ribs and said, "Just kidding, I’ll take two."

This is just one reason why it's fun to go shopping with Dave. That, and I'm usually drunk.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

That would make sense had I been over here at the time. I think I am the "New White" of Karachi. Although, I prefer to be referred to as "The Phenom."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker