Thursday, September 01, 2005

Ceylon-Soph

Well, Sophie-Super-Star, one of my best friends, has struck off for Sri Lanka this morning. She’ll be doing volunteer work for Tsunami Relief under Project Galle on the Southern tip of the island for the next three months. I can’t say I’m not a little jealous. It’s a great feeling to get away from things and work on something where you really feel like you’re helping someone. That, and it doesn’t hurt that Sri Lanka is beautiful, Galle is stunning, and the people are fantastic.

Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to get back to saving the children, one report at a time.

Good Luck Soph!

8 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A really well made blog. Don't stop now. Check out my site when you've time Wedding Photography Northampton UK It's just about local Wedding Photography Northampton UK

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Slippy said...

Who is this anonymous guy who thinks you need to lose weight, are at risk of Alzheimers and that your interested in UK weddings?

Strange fellow.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

I'm not sure, but I think his name is Spammy Spammerson.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

i hear theres a place there called kwai with a bridge over it. i think the brits set it up. good show major, jolly good show.

i think i'm bored.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Isn't the River Kwai in Thailand? Or am I missing something?

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Abbas Halai said...

heh the film was entirely shot in ceylon.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Acha! I figured I had missed something. Good Show Major.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger watercolor said...

tsk, tsk and no comment about me out there being savaged by skeeters and the like! p.s. i have found myself! the work is intense and backbreaking and the people are the most chilled out, comfortable in their skin types ever - i'm finally home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker