Friday, September 30, 2005

Blog it Up, Bloggers...

This just in: I have just now told my spell-checker to accept "blog" as a word. I am nothing if not the apogee of efficiency. So welcome to my lexicon "blog," no more will you feel the shame of the red squiggly line of infamy.

Although, to be honest, even though I love the blog like a second mistress, I have always been annoyed by the actual term. The word just falls with a thump. Blog. It’s like the onomatopoeic sound of dropping a soft-boiled egg into a bowl of lime Jello. Sometimes I wish the word had evolved in a different way: something with a bit more grace. But what can you do. Blog it is… along with all the bloggers in the blogosphere I have learned to accept and move on.

Blog on, You crazy Diamond.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Well, thanks, but I've known that little factoid for quite some time. Pretty much since I first heard of blogs and wanted to find out why the hell they had such an ugly name. That's the evolution of the word I was talking about. If only it had started out as something other than weblog... (at this point I'm trying to think of some clever alternative that would have led to a witty shortened version, but I've got nothing... just thought I'd let you know).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker