Thursday, February 03, 2005

Elect A Madman, You Get Madness!

Seeing as how February is Black history month, I found it absolutely mind blowing that in this day and age, people in the "greatest land of all" are still struggling to attain the daily rights and freedoms alotted to the others who are deemed "first class citizens". All one has to do is look back on the struggles that the African-Americans had to endure during the Civil Rights Movement of the 50's and 60's to realize that we are right back where we started. One step forward, ten steps back! As I sat and watched Bush deliver the State of the Union address last night, I was in utter dismay at what came out of his mouth. And that the people of that country (well, 51%) buy in to his tyrannical bullshit, well, I just have to shake my head at that. Are we really alright with an elected official imposing his own personal morals and ideals on us, thus making half of the country ride only in the back of the bus once again? All I can say is that thank fucking God I am not an American citizen or else I would be outraged at what he said last night. I'm Canadaian and I'm going out of my mind. If I was an American, I would most certainly be parked somewhere with a big fucking sign around my neck that said "you do not spreak for me Mr.Bush, so please shut the hell up!" I actually ended up turning off the TV last night. I honestly could not stomach it anymore after he rambled on about freedom and equality for all, then completely switched gears and nearly begged congress to pass an amendment banning gay marriage. It was nice to see that only half of congress applauded and egged him on though, meaning there are decent citizins left in that country. The others should have just egged him. Sorry for the rant. This clown just drives me insane, and the fact that the American people allow him to carry on in such a manner upsets me even more. But you can sleep tight knowing that the leader of the free world is bringing freedom and equality for all citizens...unless you're gay that is, then you're shit out of luck!

"High, I'm here to pick up my box of equal rights" "Sorry, we don't serve your kind under this current administration!"


1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

Jesus Troy, I know George Dubya's smirking lies get us all worked up, but my mother reads this, you potty mouth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker