Saturday, October 29, 2005

Here's the Thing...

Alright, here’s the story. Remember that stand-up comedy bit I did a few weeks back. Well, as it turned out, there was a TV producer there that night. He called me a couple days later, said he thought I was pretty funny, and asked me if I wanted a part in a sitcom he was working on. I had some reservations, but figured, well, being on TV in Pakistan had way too much comic potential to resist. The show is a very original concept involving six friends, three guys and three girls, who hang out in their apartments a lot, and even go down to the local coffee shop once and a while (remind me to write something about original ideas in the media over here at some point). I play “Mike,” an easy-going white guy from Canada, who comes to Pakistan to visit a friend and ends up staying to work for an NGO. My character reminds me of someone, but I just can’t put my finger on it.

In any case, taking on the project has meant that I’ve spent less time at the NGO where I usually type things up and post to the blog. Now, it doesn’t help that the days that I have been at my desk, the Internet connection has been as slow as a turtle on its back in a puddle of molasses. Neither have I been very excited about the way this shoot is going, which I would compare to an airplane crashing into a train-wreck and causing a pile-up on the autobahn.

I guess, if there is any good news, it’s that I should have plenty of material for the ole blog by the time I get settled into some kind of routine again. So far, doing this show has been excrutiatingly painful, but in a way that I can already tell will be hilarious in retrospect. That's some foreward thinking retrospection for ya. Anyway, we shall see.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Slippy said...

Frankly it sounds made up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker