Wednesday, April 13, 2005

That'll Do Donkey, That'll Do...

This morning, when I walked out on to the road to wait for my ride to work, I was quite horrified to see a dead donkey sprawled on the street, still attached to a cart. I turned to the gate-keeper dude, pointed at the animal and made the international noise of bemused confusion. He laughed and said, "Donkey" in Urdu. "Indeed," I thought.

As I watched, the donkey stirred and raised itself into what I would consider to be a normal sleeping position for a donkey. So it turns out, this donkey wasn't dead, it was just sprawled out on the asphalt, sound asleep.

Lazy Ass.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

There are those who will say that I made this whole thing up just to have the chance to say "lazy ass" at the end. I could see why they would think that, since I could see myself doing that as well. However, this is not the case. You can ask my gate-keeper dude. He'll say, "Jee, Donkey."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker