Thursday, April 28, 2005

Oh yeah, American Idol...

I just realised that I was going to write about American Idol before Truth broke in with all her matter of fact about how much I hate Ryan Seacrest.

Usually, I have no reliable means of prediction on American Idol. The American public is a fickle thing. Half the time I don't get it at all. For example, if you're going to vote off that cool, crazy-haired Nadia chick, then what the hell are Anthony Federov and Scott Savol still doing there? Those two have got to go. The only thing I can think of is that they remind people of Ruben and Clay. But that was two years ago people. And Scott is no Ruben. Ruben had soul, Scott has nothing, he's boring and bland. And have you noticed that on American Idol, you have to be really thin, or else really fat to be accepted. If you're chubby, it's like, "Hey, lose some weight, this is a competition," but if you're disgustingly obese, everyone says, "Ah look, a teddy-bear." And as for Federov? The guy sang a Celine Dion song. He may have locked down the gay immigrant vote, but he's off my books.

And I'm sorry, Constantine has got to go too. I know everybody thinks he's intense and smoldering, but it's all Greek to me. To me, he looks normal from the front, but then from the side, he's got these weird Joe Clarke jowels. Anyway, all that aside, he's been off pitch, and off performance lately and I think he should be gone soon. Maybe I'm biased because, despite being Canadian, I don't really like Nickleback, but he was terrible last night.

So, for me, it's all about Bo. I've liked him from the start. He's always been intense and all about the performance. His voice has been strong, even in genres that don't fit his style. So, I think it'll come down to Bo against one of the girls, (probably not that country girl, no one's ready for that yet) and I think Bo will come out on top.

I just realised that by the time I post this, the results will probably already have shown in North America. Oh well, I hope Bo didn't get voted off, that would make me feel like a chump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker