Thursday, February 17, 2005

Without a Point...

Last night I watched the movie "Without a Paddle" on Pirated PakistaniVision. Sadly, that is two hours of my life I will never get back. I have no idea why I continued to sit and watch this movie after the first five minutes. It was a train wreck, I couldn't look away. Or maybe I just desperately hoped it would get better. I tried to imagine Seth Greene, who I used to think was pretty funny, reading the script and thinking, "Yeah, for sure, this sounds great." I really wonder how that happens. Maybe the script has potential but then during production something happens, and you suddenly realize that you've accepted a role in the cinematic equivalent of a rancid piece of dog shit. This movie had no place, it didn't seem to know what it was. It tries to be ridiculous, but then there are these life-affirming buddy scenes. Nothing fit. The dialogue was so stilted it almost didn't make any sense whatsoever.

Instead of "Without a Paddle" I think they should have gone with "Shit Creek."

So yeah, go see this movie, two thumbs up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker