Friday, May 20, 2005

The Whites...

Well, I was really missing servants this morning. I sat with my sister, in the shade of the outhouse, washing my clothes in a basin. Slowly, it dawned on me why my servants always throw down my folded shirts with such disdain. Washing clothes is one pain in the ass. My hands are actually sore from wringing, and believe me, my hands and wrists are well-exercised. But, jokes aside, it was quite calming. Very peaceful, sitting beside the shitter, washing my underwear. It seemed like the circle of life, but I couldn't figure out exactly how. I did enjoy it, but I can't say I would like to do it every day. It's made me realize how spoiled I've been with all the servants. My sister, in her missionary position (hee hee, it never gets old), does so much on her own. Meanwhile, back in Pakistan, I'm like a spoiled little child.

Oh well, what're ya gonna do?

5 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Take the long road and walk it said...

Your stories are great! I wish I was on the other side of the marble right now...
safe travels,
cheers!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come back HOME u goon! thats what ure gonna do!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger The Artsaypunk said...

wow, feels as thought the continents are fighting over me. That's fun

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger watercolor said...

you're a wanted man david j.!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you probably don't have muslim showers over there, and your TP skills have taken a downturn.. I just wonder how much those undies needed tread mark removals? hehehe..man, I need to start concentrating on work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker